Think you’re witnessing animal cruelty?
Tell us about it using the form below.

File A Report

Our Cruelty Investigator position is currently open. Until the position is filled, all complaints reported through our online form are forwarded to the appropriate animal services provider. You can directly report your complaints to the appropriate providers by calling the agencies below. Click here to review our state laws to determine whether what you’re witnessing may be illegal.

Memphis Animal Services 901-636-1416 ext.1 ; After hours call 901-545-COPS, the non-emergency line.  MPD will contact MAS officers as needed in these situations

Shelby County Rabies Control (excluding Bartlett, Germantown, and Collierville) 901-222-8210

Bartlett Animal Control 901-385-6484

Germantown Animal Shelter 901-757-7358

Collierville Animal Services 901-457-2670


In order for an agency to investigate a complaint, we must have an accurate address and as much detail about the alleged cruelty to animals as possible. Complaints without an accurate location cannot be responded to.

All complaints are anonymous.


Certain situations require the notification of a specific department, please read the list below:

  • Loose animal (please contact your municipal animal control)
  • High grass or rodent infestation (please contact your local code enforcement or health department)
  • Animal bites or dangerous/vicious animals (please contact your municipal animal control)


Please attach any images that relate to the animal's injuries.

The Humane Society of Memphis and Shelby County is a non-profit organization that receives no government funding for day to day operations. We do not operate the city animal shelter. Instead, it is the mission of the Humane Society to eliminate the needless suffering of pets in our community, and render aid to those pets who do not have a home and need immediate medical care.


Latest Videos

See some of the recent work we've done here at the Humane Society.