Donate Needed Items
Caring for over 300 animals requires a lot of food and supplies, and we rely on the generosity of people like you to keep us stocked. Consider our wish list when you are cleaning out a pantry or closet or even when you have a birthday! Or, add a few extra items to your shopping list. Following is a list of the supplies we need for our day-to-day operations.
For easy shopping, check out our Amazon wishlist here!
- Fromm Adult dog food (purple bag), available at Hollywood Feed
- Fromm Adult cat food, available at Hollywood Feed
- Canned kitten food (pate-style)
- Canned dog food (pate-style)
- Dry puppy food (10 lb. bags preferred for fosters)
- Dry kitten food (10 lb. bags preferred for fosters)
- Packages of dog treats (preferably small, like Zuke’s training treats, and/or soft, like Pupperoni)
- Cat treats
- Kitten formula (KMR brand)
- Puppy formula (Esbilac brand)
- Kitten/puppy bottles
- Non-clumping clay cat litter (10 lb. bags preferred for fosters)
- Small aluminum baking pans (for small kitten litter boxes)
- Cat Toys
- Dog Toys (Kong and/or Nylabone brand non-edible toys)
- Cardboard cat scratchers (especially that can be hung in kennels)
- Kuranda Dog Beds (click here to order and have it shipped directly to us)
- Dog/Cat Wire Crates
- Humane traps
- Comfort Zone Feliway Diffuser Kit
- Blankets (no sheets)
- Large towels (no washcloths/hand towels)
- Baking soda
- Heating pads
- Hot water bottles
- Cone recovery collars in all sizes (usually plastic but also come in other more flexible materials)
- Enrichment-specific supplies
- Food toys: BusterCube, Tug-A-Jug, Busy Buddies, Kong Wobble, etc.
- Squeaker toys
- Chew toys, non-edible large Nylabones
- Heavy balls, Boomer Balls, soccer balls, basketballs
- Odors: Herbs such as lavender, spices
- Treats: Hot dogs, string cheese, etc.
- Metal water buckets (approx. 6″ tall)
- Long pieces 1.5″ PVC with several end caps (to make dog puzzle toys)
- Poop bags
*Note: We do not currently need newspapers.
- Packages of copy paper
- Packages of laminating sheets
- 5″ x 8″ plastic card sleeves (for displaying kennel cards)
- Packages of zip ties
- Packages of paper towels
- Bottles of Windex
- Packages of toilet paper
- Boxes of tall kitchen trash bags
- Thin dry erase markers (blue, green, red, orange, black)
- Batteries (AAA, AA, 9V)
- 1″ Binder rings
- Lint rollers
- Spray air freshener
- Masking tape
- Plastic cutlery
- Band-Aids/first aid supplies
- Boxes of 55-gallon trash bags
- Dawn dishwashing soap
- Scrub brushes
- Packages of non-latex gloves (medium & large)
- Hand soap
- Magic Erasers
- Hollywood Feed
- Tractor Supply Co.
We recommend shopping local! But if you shop online at Amazon.com, you can find our Amazon Wish List here.
Donated items should be brought to the Humane Society
Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Sunday, 12 to 7 p.m. or Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
HSMSC is closed on Monday and Tuesday.